AADOM LiveCast: A Deep Dive on Policy Writing (and Why It Matters)
Approved for 1 CE towards AADOM Designations
Every time anyone writes or provides a policy for your employee handbook it affects a number of other policies in that document. Writing legally compliant policies that protect your business, comply with various laws, and reflect how you run your business requires intimate knowledge of employment laws at the federal, state, and local levels.
And, now that we’re in the throes of a global health crisis, ensuring that your policies are well-written and compliant with applicable laws is more important than ever before.
After this course, you’ll be better prepared to self-assess and ensure that your policies are not only providing legal protections for your business, but that they are also seen as a positive and helpful set of guidelines for your employees.
Session Learning Objectives:
- A framework for assessing key employee handbook policies for federal and state compliance
- The most common employee handbook myths and misunderstandings
- How having policies in place protects you, your interests, and your employees
- Which laws affect you and your business and why
- How COVID-19 has affected policy considerations
- Which specific policies are good for both employers and employees
- HR Technology that allows employees to answer their own policy questions, and more
Session Sponsored by CEDR HR Solutions
AADOM Members log in HERE to watch the recording.
Learn more about the presenters:
Kurt Tullar is a licensed attorney with more than 10 years’ experience as a litigator and compliance officer. He has extensive experience navigating the ever-shifting web of state and federal employment laws, and enjoys working with CEDR members to solve their workplace problems.
Halisi Tambuzi is an Arizona native and graduated from Arizona Summit Law School. During his law school tenure, he focused on various employment and labor law courses and brings his knowledge to support the CEDR Solutions team. His calming demeanor and approach is helpful in times of crisis to find practical solutions to employment law situations. He enjoys spending time with family and traveling to new places.